Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Greatest form of flattery?

Just saw a commercial for this phone called the KIN, and am wondering if their marketing people stopped by my blog before starting this campaign. I've been calling it a project or a social experiment, they call it"The Journey".


They have all of the flash, glitz, catchy hipster music, pseudo documentary styled shaky yet professional camera work, witty dialogue (and monologue), and relatable, comedic situations that leave my humble blog in the proverbial cyber dust. I started thinking... "Wow, that's like what I'm doing!", then, "Wait... that's... what I'M doing.", then finally, "...Shouldn't I be getting a check, or a free phone or something?" I wondered at first if this was a legit project, and if the people undertaking "The Journey" were actual people like me, who had a hunger to explore their digital/genuine or supposed relationships/friendships... and who happen to have a dope looking phone and computer program to help them. The more I watch though, the more I quickly realized, that this is a very slickly made campaign, with actors that look like people you or I might have on our friends list. Anyway, I'm taking it as a compliment for now, and am secure in the knowledge that what I'm learning and gaining from my own project, is more valuable than a couple thousand youtube hits, and a fancy phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment