Friday, May 21, 2010

Minus 365

It looks like the header at the top of the page reads "Face to Facebook 'minus' 365". That might work!

I'd been thinking for a while about making a change to the project. 2010 is just about halfway finished, and I've had quite a wake up call regarding the timing of this experiment. For some reason, it seemed to me in the planning stages that meeting up with 311 friends in 365 days was at least plausible. "I've got weekends, I've got the summer, I can head out after work a couple of times a week...", I told myself. I also hadn't considered that my own schedule wasn't the only one that I had to... well, consider. Add to that, that I am a person who loves structure. I like calendars and lists and plans, even if I don't end up sticking to them. The "year" idea gave me a measurable goal, but didn't account for much more than that. I would end up rushing at the end of the year to cram in a bunch of people for micro-meet ups, which would be more about checking names off than getting to know people. What is some of my friends were unavailable until Jan. 1st 2011? Would I delete them to release myself from the responsibility?

Now I'm ready to stretch this out. I'm going to extend this project to give me and my friends (and my "friends") ample time to meet up and get to know each other... if they so choose. It also helps with the fact that my friends list has grown from 311 to 370+ since this began. Now this is more of an ongoing mission, rather than a race.

So to all of those people on my friends list, I look forward to seeing you sooner... or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment