Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back in the swing :)

Last night was awesome! Danielle and I had dinner with Jessica and Sean. We really had such a great time, that not only am I looking forward to hanging out with them again, but I am re-energized and inspired to set up more Face to Face meets soon!
Granted... it's already halfway through January... and I'm still under 10 friends met... so I need to be getting a move on anyway... but still... inspired!


I remember Jessica best from middle school. We would walk home together often with the same group of kids. I always thought Jess was very cool, but we were never very close friends. We shared a connection with some kids and a bench on an island in the middle of a few crossing streets, but that was about the extent of our friendship. She and my girlfriend Danielle have actually been close friends for a very long time. Here again FB jumps in and intervenes. The two of them hadn't gotten together in a while, and were looking to do so. Kismet? Works for me! Jess works in the city, has two beautiful 'poots' (cats... for those unaware), has a new knee, and loves Rufus Wainright! We share that love... though she trumps me big time, to this I will concede.
We met up with Jess and her boyfriend Sean for dinner, then went back and hung out over their place for a while. I believe it's safe to say that we all had a really good time, some really good wine, and some great laughs. Her boyfriend Sean and I discovered a mutual appreciation for video games, and the fact that we both lived in the same house during our college years (not at the same time... that would make it odd if we didn't know each other). We were also at the same concert (same time this time) at Rutgers.




As per my own rules... I can not count the hang-out with Sean, because we were not FB friends already. I really enjoyed talking with the dude though, and we found we shared quite a few things in common. Additionally, we all agreed that this would not be a one time thing, so I look forward to throwing him up on the blog after our next outing. We've thrown a ton of ideas out for next time, and I can't wait to see where we end up.

Face to Face #5: 1 friend

Friend count: 9

1 comment:

  1. i JUST saw this now Toney... i fail hard. but love the post!! xoxoxo really looking forward to us all getting together again real soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete