Friday, April 23, 2010

Cravings

For my most recent meet up, I hung out with my girlfriend Danielle. We've been in school together from elementary school through high school, then met up again years later both working at the same elementary school we attended. It's been one year since we started going out, and we decided to go to one of the first places we went together to grab a bite... well, lots of bites actually. We decided to satisfy two cravings that we share: a love of cupcakes, and a royal delicacy.

We started off grabbing a box of our favorite cupcakes from Sweet Avenue Bake Shop. in Rutherford, NJ. This is a vegan bake shop that specializes in ridiculously delicious specialty cupcakes. I actually brought a small present for the owners, but they weren't there at the time... so, there is another meet up in the works, as I am a fan of theirs on FB. We got a bunch of our favorite "old skool" cupcake, one other, and were on our way to our royal destination. Every good New Jerseyan has at some point given in to the crave for the belly destroying burgers of White Castle. Below is a shot of our feast. Saturday we'll be heading out for a fancy dinner, but it'll take a lot to measure up to instant gratification that the castle brings.

This was one of the first places where we'd hung & pigged out together, so aside from the momentary deliciousness, it holds some sentimental value. The last time I ate White Castle, 5 burgers in to a sack of 10... my stomach decided that it hated me. This time... I am yet to feel the effects of the belly bombers (Win). This is a shot of some of the aftermath.

So this meet up was great, and I'm sure that Danielle and I will be meeting up again.





Face to Face #8: 1 friend

Friend count: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment