Sunday, November 22, 2009

Off to a great start!!

Last night I got together with several of my classmates from college at Mason Gross School of the Arts. A couple of months ago I'd suggested (through Facebook) that a bunch of us get together and hang out. It turned out great. We were about 8 strong in Jersey City and had a great time. This was the second attempt and we 6 strong plus several non-MGSAers in NYC. My friend Laurie and I were the only two that were at the last get together as well.

So here is a rundown of who I was able to spend some face to face time with:


This is me with Laurie and Lisa.
I got to meet both of their boyfriends, and they seemed like really cool guys. Lisa is thinking about going back to school, so I'm definitely applauding and supporting that idea, GO LIS! We've also got another friend who Lisa is close to, whom I randomly ran into at a friends party. He's teaching also now. Hopefully we'll all be able to get together again!

Laurie and I have been good friends since college, and we've stayed in touch on and off, always intending to meet up and chill again. She and her boyfriend are both living and working in the city, and are close by the spot where we met up last night. We had a great time catching up, and I'm glad I finally got to meet her Dave! Very cool guy. ALSO... I am anxious to expose Dave to some Taylor Mali, Saul Williams and Shane Koyzcan, as he is not a spoken word fan, and those guys are ridiculous.


Steve was there!! One of my best friends from college and still my favorite self-depricating anarchist funny man. He's living in LA right now and is visiting back in NJ for a while. I'm looking forward to visiting Steve out there one day. It's always great hanging out with Steve, was just like college. We talked and laughed about lots of stuff, and are going to try and meet up again before he heads back.


Kurtis came through!! I feel like Kurt was one of my kindred spirits in college. We didn't hang out much outside of school, but were definitely likeminded and had tons of respect for one another. Kurt is a very talented artist with an incredible mind for marketing and seeing a vision through. We used to talk about planning or working on something together, and now that we're connected again, we just might. We had some great convo w/Shawn.

Steve called another classmate who I hadn't talked to in a very long time. Shawn, my old roommate during my junior year. It was great seeing Shawn. He is a film maker and actor who has also taught overseas. Now I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. I'll be looking to make a show that he's in when it comes up.

It was an awesome night! I look forward to meeting up with everybody again! I missed the last bus by a few minutes thanks to a miscalculation on my part of which subway stop would have a train running....well... on time. THANKFULLY... Laurie and Dave saved the day, by offering me a couch to crash on. I got to tour Dave's studio and watch Yo Gabba Gabba (which rocks more than I'd known) before passing out.

Face to Face #1 - 5 friends

No comments:

Post a Comment