Monday, November 9, 2009

Today MIGHT be the day!

I posted my invitation yesterday, and got a response! My former middle and high school schoolmate Claire MIGHT be available to stop by and hang out. It's been years since we've actually spoken at any length in person, maybe since high school. We've always been friendly, but have never really had conversations at any length or hung out. Recently though, through Facebook we've been communicating on and off, commenting on each others posts, pages and occasionally pictures (standard fare for Facebook friends).

Through Facebook I've Learned:
She is engaged and looking for places for her wedding.
She is a teacher.
She likes to run and hike.
She and her fiance Greg enjoy going to vineyards and wineries.

Aside from the fact that my girlfriend and I are not yet engaged, we've got most of these things in common. Claire may not be able to make it, so I may enjoy my tea on my own and try to set things up again another time. We'll see what happens!

Update...

Today was... NOT the day!

Claire wasn't able to make it today, lesson plans became a wrench in the plans... and I DEFinitely understand that! I'm sure we'll link up at some point though, so that blog will come in time.
It was pretty cool though, waiting and wondering how this whole experiment would start off. I kept thinking that I don't want these hang out sessions to be like interviews... although I know i'll have questions for everybody! I'll try and find a balance. So it's back to Facebook now, to find out who the next potential number one will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment